Here’s an interesting photograph of the 1st measurement plans on the 1st 505 ever built by Bill Parker in 1954. You will notice some interesting features of the original plans.
1. They are signed by John Westel himself dated 01/01/1954, when he visited Bill in Boston, Lincolnshire and personally measured the boat himself.
2. The distinct lack of any measurement or even mention of a mast-gate area.
3. That the new Parker 505 takes it’s lines exactly from the original plans as intended by the designer and Bill was the advisor on the new radical design of the 2013/14 Parker 505.
4. Bill and John became best friends until his death and had the highest regard for each others skills, ambition and innovation for the class.
5. For those that ask about our credentials, 60 years of 505 experience goes a long way!